Privacy and personal data protection policy
JEMA is a company in which information transparency is essential for establishing relationships of trust with the people who are part of our project and with our suppliers and customers. Protect the personal data of those who trust us is of vital importance for Jema. Accordingly, we want to inform you about how we collect and handle or use that data with this Privacy and personal data protection policy.
This privacy and personal data protection policy establishes the bases upon which JEMA Energy S.A., (hereinafter JEMA), which is a company that manufactures personalised energy conversion systems and whose legal offices are at Paseo del Circuito 10, 20160 Lasarte-Oria, Gipuzkoa, Spain, handles personal data voluntarily provided by users via the website www.jemaenergy.com (hereinafter “the Website”).
This Policy will be applicable whenever personal data (name, email, etc) is provided to Jema Energy S.A. through any contact or subscription form. Personal data is collected on the subscription forms for the newsletter, press releases, sending CVs or any other form on personal data is provided. Jema will be the data controller (Data Controller).
- To respecting the privacy of our users and process their personal data with their consent.
- To processing the personal data that we strictly need to provide the requested service and process the data securely and confidentially, taking the necessary measures to prevent unauthorized access and improper use thereof.
- To not using personal data for purposes for which we have not previously obtained consent
- To not sending personal information to third parties or share such data.
- To only keeping personal data for as long as is strictly necessary for the specific purpose for which the data were provided, with regular revision of those needs and deletion of data that are not necessary.
What personal information do we use?
Through our website we may collect personal data for different purposes including:
- User information requests
- Subscriptions to newsletters
- Subscriptions to press releases
- Working with us by sending curriculum vitae
- Access to the customer area and management of after sales service.
Only the strictly necessary data will be requested. However, note that failure to provide the information indicated as required in each case may make it impossible to manage your registration as a user or for you to use certain requested functionalities or services. We also inform you that we will never request specially protected data.
It is important for the user to be aware of the data provided and the purpose for which it is provided because, by doing so, they authorise us to collect, store and use such data for the required purpose. The user may at any time withdraw the consent provided by the appropriate channels (see paragraph on rights relating to the data provided), with the consent of the interested party being the legal basis and legitimacy of the processing of their personal data.
Data accuracy and truthfulness
The user, when providing the data required on forms, is solely responsible for the truthfulness of the data submitted, and guarantees and is accountable for the accuracy, validity and authenticity of the personal data provided and undertakes to keep the data updated.
What rights do you have over the personal data provided?
Once the personal information is provided, you will have the right to:
- Ask any question and be informed about how we use the data and obtain access to the data.
- Request that your information be corrected or deleted or that restrictions be imposed on its processing.
- Object to the processing of your data.
- Withdraw your consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions.
- Object to decisions based on the automatic processing of your personal data, such as the drafting of profiles.
You can exercise these rights at any time, in writing, with proof of your identity, addressed to JEMA Energy S.A., at Paseo del Circuito 10, 20160 Lasarte-Oria, Gipuzkoa, Spain or at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also lodge a complaint with the control authority, in this case, the Spanish Personal Data Protection Agency (Agencia Española de Protección de Datos), if you believe the handling of personal data violates the applicable legislation.
Data security and storage
We will retain the data for the time strictly necessary for the provision of the requested service and as long as the owner does not request its deletion, adopting the appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or illegal processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, and doing everything possible to protect and maintain the data securely. However, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted over the Internet or similar a connection to our website, our applications or services or to another website, application or service.
We guarantee confidentiality of passwords chosen by registered users in our customer area. Please keep your password protected, because the user is solely responsible for its proper use.
What personal information do we share with third parties?
We may share your data with:
- Any company within the Irizar Group, provided that their data has been contributed in order to request information from any company or service of the Group companies.
- Our providers or third parties that handle data in our name (e.g. service providers and Internet platforms, payment processing providers and organizations that we hire to help us send you information) so that they can help us offer you the products, services and information that you have requested or that we believe are of interest to you.
- Third parties with which you have a relationship and to whom you have authorized us to send information (for example, social networking websites and other third-party service providers).
- Any third party involved in any legal proceedings, as long as we act lawfully in this regard (e.g. in response to a court order).
- The security forces so that they can detect or prevent crimes or prosecute offenders, and any third party, in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including due or regulatory communications or the detection or prevention of illegal acts.
- Our own professional advisers and auditors, so that they can provide professional advice or fulfil our audit responsibilities.
Other websites and social networks
If you click on a link from our website to another website this privacy statement shall no longer apply. We shall not be responsible for the data management practices of websites and we recommend that you read the privacy statements that appear on such websites.