An Integrated Platform for Increased FLEXIbility in smart TRANSmission grids with STORage Entities and large penetration of Renewable Energy Sources
Budget:21.7 M Euro
Grant: 17 M Euro
Start:1 Nov 2017 (M1)
End:31 Oct 2021 (M48)
LCE-04-2017 call: Demonstration of system integration with smart transmission grid and storage technologies with increasing share of renewables
- To enhance and accelerate the integration of renewablesinto European energy systems, especially addressing imbalances
- To increase cross border electricity flows across Europe
JEMA participates: in demonstration project of integration of a 2 MWh BESS in wind power plant in Northern Greece
At a technical level:
Develop a next generation of Flexible Energy Grid (FEG), which provides the technical basis to support the valorization of flexibility services,enhancing the existing European Internal Energy Market (IEM)
At a market level:
A wholesale market infrastructure and new business models should be upgraded to network players, incentivize new ones to join, while demonstrating new business perspectives for cross border resources management and energy trading
FLEXITRANSTORE Project will implement technologies and novel concepts aiming to:
- Create a pan-European energy Market under a common framework free of national restrictions and legislative barriers imposed by individual nations.
- Integrate the South Eastern European energy markets, where market coupling activities are progressing slowly.
- “Touch” different grid flexibility resources: improved operations, grid modernization, demand response, fast ramping supply, energy storage.
FLEXITRANSTORE will create 8 demonstrations in 6 countries.
The demonstrators are divided into three layers, according to their application point across the energy value chain.
- Layer 1:Flexibility at transmission connection points: Production and demand.
- Layer 2:Increasing cross border capacity and clean energy flows.
- Layer 3:Flexibility entering the market.
- Develop new policies governing the energy exchange and the energy markets.
- Include new actors and players.
- Transform the European Internal Energy Market (IEM) according to the framework defined by the ENTSO-E and the ETIP-SNET Roadmaps.
- Contribute towards higher RES penetration and CO2 levels reduction.
- Utilize available energy and distribute the available capacity more efficiently, thus reducing costs.